Freelance-Zone.com has a writing, editing, and social media team with a diverse range of topical expertise and experience. Hire a Freelance-Zone.com writer for a project today by contacting us directly with “Freelance-Zone.Com” in the subject line.
Writer, Editor, Social Media Manager
Patrick Ogle is an accomplished writer and editor with experience in journalism, blogging, online writing research-based reporting, optimizing website traffic, social media and press releases. His other experience includes press and media relations, and creating press lists. His experience as a writer, editor, and website manager include the following projects:
2011 – Present
- Write and edit website, conducting interviews with artists, musicians and covering art shows.
- Promote content online via social media to build online presence for site with over 7,000 unique visitors per month.
- Promote and publicize Mapanare.us events.
- Photograph live shows and edit photos for online pieces.
12/2006 – 8/2011
- Wrote articles discussing highly technical pieces of music gear which required extensive research and the ability to translate and summarize complicated descriptions into layman’s terms succinctly and with humor.
- Wrote, shot, and appeared in online videos with artists and manufacturers.
- Wrote video gear reviews.
- Edited audio interviews and worked extensively with video editors. Artists interviewed include The Pretenders, Everclear, Ween, The Wailers, Guy Clark, Jethro Tull, Kevin Fowler, Sister
Hazel, Minus the Bear, George Benson, Interpol and many more.
- Promoted pieces online via social media outlets including Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon, Reddit and others in order to drive significant traffic to main website. Site had an average of
50,000 unique visitors per day.
12/2005 – 8/2010
Media and Public Relations
- Sent out targeted weekly email blasts and newsletters to media members.
- Conducted follow up phone calls for mailings resulting in coverage in the largest publications in the USA.
- Wrote press releases and marketing copy for DVD releases and special on-site events which included: film classes, filmmaker lectures and The Chicago International Children’s Film
- Wrote blog entries on film and lectures for midnight film classes.
- Promoted events and films online via social media.
- Solicited news items for DVD releases, Children’s International Film Festival, Facets special events and more.
- Maintained weekly email list of thousands of press contacts via Excel.
- Collected and organized news and feature articles on Facets.
The Miami Herald 10/1999 – 12/2005
Consumer Reporter, “Action Line”, Writer/Columnist
- Investigated and responded to myriad reader inquiries regarding problems with businesses and government agencies for daily consumer help column requiring extensive research and the
ability to distill complicated issues into small pieces.
- Wrote, researched, and conducted interviews for weekly “Action Line on Health” column which answered readers’ medical inquiries and researched supplements, pharmaceutical drugs and
- Organized and maintained extensive network of sources in business, education, government and medical communities.
- Created and wrote original content for five humor columns for the alternative news weekly, StreetMiami, owned by the Miami Herald.
- Wrote a weekly column for travel section on trips taken by prominent South Florida residents.
- Prepared feature travel stories about locales including Caribbean Islands, Chicago, Nicaragua, Key West, Miami Beach and the Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve.
- Promoted columns via social media.
The University of Florida / Gainesville, Florida
Awarded a Bachelor of Arts in History with minors in Film Studies, English, and Anthropology.