It’s not tax hell time…YET. But do you know what your tax issues or problems might be when filing for 2008? Do you know what’s good and what’s bad when it comes to deductions? Are you scared of the big, bad tax man? Here is a list of random links I found while doing research into freelance tax issues.
- Michelle Goodman rocks. Her post on W-9 forms on The Anti 9-to-5 Guide made my day.
- InkyGirl’s collection of tax links was published in 2007 but there are some recognizable names writing on the tax game linked here. Nice work!
- From the horse’s mouth. The IRS section on Self-Employed Taxes
- Another government clip on Social Security taxes for self-employed types.
- World Wide Web Tax lists some helpful info here.
- Salon.com’s What Every Freelancer Should Know was published on April 15, 2008. Coincidence? I think not.
- The NASE TaxTalk page.
- The Business.com page on SE tax is excellent for a brand new freelancer who wants to know what they’ve just gotten themselves into. For more experienced writers this might be old news, but newcomers should definitely sit up and take notice.