It’s been a while since we had an intern position open, but we do once more and would be happy to hear from you about it after you’ve read the description below. The Freelance-Zone.com internship is an unpaid position, but there are perks. FZ interns get:
- A full page bio/photo listing on the site, along with links to your blog, website and social media accounts.
- Experience and training in areas you are interested in learning about. We need assistance with social media, PR, community management, writing and editing, and marketing.
- Professional references based on your work with us. That’s right–we’re only too happy to recommend our interns!
Please take a look at the list of duties we are looking to find a match for your interests. Ideally we’re looking for a time commitment of 1 to 2 hours per week–we don’t expect anyone to do all of the things on this list.
After reading the list, please get in touch and be sure to let us know which parts of the list interest you. Please include a resume and a few paragraphs about yourself as a freelancer or future freelancer so that we may fully consider your participation. If you have any writing samples, we’d love to see them.
Please know that if you have interest in a certain area but no experience at all, we’re more than happy to train you–and feel free to suggest additional areas if you do not see them covered below. Thanks for your consideration, we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Here’s the list:
- Social media/Twitter. Duties include tweeting, Follow Friday posts and outreach.
- Social media/Facebook. Duties include posting interesting news or YouTube videos on our Facebook page and outreach.
- Link building. Reaching out to other freelance-related sites to request a link swap with FZ
- Research. Scouting out new freelance blogs to network with. Other duties as assigned.
- Interview assistance. Duties include contacting interview subjects on the behalf of FZ, sending questions via e-mail and formatting interviews for the blog.
- Press list. Compilation of e-mail press list from a variety of sources
- Video research. Finding and posting relevant videos from YouTube and other sources. Reviewing DVDs and other video material.
- Book research. Finding, reviewing freelance publishers, authors, books and periodicals.
- Reviews. Reviews can be for any freelance-related product assigned.
- Posts. Interns may suggest post topics to write or be assigned topics by the editor.
Please send your list of desired areas and bio/resume/writing sample to:
editor(at) freelance-zone (dot) com
Place “Intern” in the subject line. Thank you.
We will make our selections for new interns by December 1st. Only those who are being asked to join us at this time will be contacted–all other other resumes will be kept on file in case we need someone in the future. Thanks for your interest.