Well, the holidays are right around the corner–so I thought I would do a “gift ideas” post for writers. Most of us are friends with other writers, so it goes without saying that we not only would like to get some of these, but can give a few as well. Please share if you have others!
Here are my ten suggestions:
1. Stephen King’s book, On Writing. It’s terrific.
2. A gift card for a nice meal out….
3. A great pen.
4. Some type of lovely framed photo to hang near the desk. Preferably with a motivational saying on it and lots of nature.
5. A coffee/tea mug. Large ones are fantastic.
6. One of those hand-held massagers. Works wonders when you have to tough it out on a deadline.
7. A subscription to some kind of magazine. And it’s extra nice when it isn’t one that you need.
8. Movie tickets. Great for those afternoons where you are blocked and need to get out of your head.
9. Thick, cushy socks.
10. Tech toys. Anything like a cute flash drive, ergonomic mouse or fancy laptop case is more than appreciated.
Let me know what you’d like to see in your stocking this year…